Sunday, January 1, 2012

LIFE ver 2.0.1.2

Welcome 1-Jan-2012




For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.


~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"



Could'nt agree more with the esteemed thinker/writer of 20th century.
What a perfect way to sum up a Year gone by. 
World saw a transition, a change of yet another calender year. (2011-2012)
What actually changed? If at all anything did, would be our perspective. Maybe a will strong enough to accept and acknowledge - The Inevitable Metamorphosis. 
Version 2.0.1.2 of life awaits you for better or for worse. 


Perhaps New Years signify a collective decision of masses to change  perspectives, habits and memories. In a world full of random experiences it becomes difficult to make choices  and be selective in what we wish to learn/unlearn /erase from the year that passed us through. Do we let "bygones be bygones" or learn to value our experiences. 
What to pick as valuable and what as worthless is going to determine what we become in Life as years go by as a social mandate.


No 365 days are the same and what we were last morning,  we might not be this morning. New Years seem to be the time when we age psychologically and very suddenly so. On birthdays we are termed to age physically. Each year this day, I ponder and reflect the story of last 8760 hours that flew by me. How much was I able to hold on to? Not much. Qualitatively the year was not very enriching until it dawned this was as good as I could make it. 


Last year , this day, I hoped that Life Ver 2.0.1.1 would be better than its yester-self. 
Soon to realize that there will always be highs & lows, Life will be as unpredictable & will get more erratic as we grow grey.  Every year looking into the mirror, something changes. 
The quest to get better out of me becomes stronger while the fear to face another year lessens. This is what we call a Habit, though old habits die hard.


A year to realize that no thing and no one is irreplaceable. 
A year to learn that with immense joys follow the deep crevasses of darkness. 
A year to understand that permanence is temporary & temperance is mandatory.  
A year where I met life in its raw ugly form and saw the best of me lost in the web.
A year where I knew every dark cloud had  silver lining. 
A year when I am unaware when the sun would shine.
A year where I am at peace with Life.
A year which will go down as dawning of eternal wisdom.
A year when journey became more important that the destination.
A year where all goals were blurred and new milestones appeared.
The year I grew up to LIFE.

To all those who stood by me , Its been a good one.
Am all set for another roller-coaster called 2012. 
Virus struck, infected and cured.  :)


Behold the light, behold the dark.
Swiftly in the  sky I lark.














2 comments:

Anand said...

I clean my brushes,
Choose my palette
Of vibrant, living colours,
And begin to fill
Today's blank canvas
-John McLeod

Awareness is a good thing (most often)

:)

Unknown said...

Being Aware is being alive.
Indeed these are nice lines you have shared Anand.

Thanks