Friday, October 26, 2007

FOR YOU-OUT OF LOVE

Out of love
Out of breath.
Rapt in admiration
Fluttering my faction.
Away from my being
Away from you.

I am sinking
I feel weak.
Clasp the string
Touch my wings.
No Icarus I wish to be
Mere desire to fly with thee.

Moments pass by
Love struck I lie.
Hiding from Cupid
Now gripped in his fist.
Not unaware of the fatal arrow
Nevertheless, cheerful in dusty gallows.

No wound hurts
No fear lurks.
Awaiting the crash in love
I know not where to steer.
Alas, love is blind
Look, all colors are alive.

Stares and glances
Stolen moments and missed chances.
Chronicled recollections of when we met
Sometimes a sigh of regret.
Flirtations and sweet temptations
Silent and unsaid charming declarations.

At last broken expectations
Sessions of lamentations.
All dreams of castles trampled
Rosy eyes in respite when dampened.
Reminiscing turns bitter
Sweet temptation turns to jitters.

Amid the ruins I flew
Lost and abandoned by you.
Grateful for the chances we missed
Alas, liberated now to follow my bliss.
In peace you will rest in my past
As I practice the insipid sumptuous repast.

Out of love
Out of breath.
Rapt in self-admiration
Fluttering my faction.
Closed to you
Closed closer to my being.

No comments: